Freshman Year Roommate Success Story
While we’re all thankful for our family, our friends, and the ability to be where we are today, there’s one person we’re thankful for who we may not have been previous to our college years.
It’s the person who made leaving your parents behind much easier on that first day of college, the friend of a friend you once inboxed, the person you shared a room with your first time away from home, and the person you couldn’t imagine school without: your best friend.
1. She’s there to tell you that you look awful when others tell you you’ve never looked better, with a simple, “what is that hideous outfit” and of course reminding you that a spray tan is much needed with a, “you look so pale please do something.”
2. Whether it’s capturing you when your double (or triple) chin is so on point, or when you’re at your worst angle, have no fear, she’s there to Snapchat it.
3. At this point, she’s basically part of your family and you catch her texting your family members more than you.
4. You have that simple look you give each other and you both automatically know what you’re talking about (even if you do get caught and shit gets real awkward).
5. Your bed is her bed (yes, you may have the option of two beds, but what’s the fun in that?).
6. She knows your taste of music and knows exactly when you’re going to belt out a song. And of course knows your favorite parts, giving you that opportunity to have a solo even though she knows your voice could crack a window.
7. She’s your plus one to every event and people question your relationship but you go with it and continue holding hands.
8. She’s always there to hurt you, because why not bite you until your arm turns blue or punch you in the stomach when she knows your bladder is about to explode?
9. She’s the one to never let you live down your embarrassing moments and will always resurface your awkward phase just to remind you that yes, that is what you once looked like.
10. Forget about watching TV shows without each other: lesson learned.
11. She’s the one to take your phone and talk to people for you when you’re just incapable of putting words together
12. If something’s not funny to others, without a doubt you will be laughing with her while annoying everyone in sight.
13. She’s the one who pops up on your phone the second you’re not together, and the one you can never run out of things to say to at any time of the day.
14. And of course, she’s the one who’s there for you through it all and the one you’re sure always will be.
15. She’s your other half, most definitely your partner in crime, and your forever go-to.
We may not be best friend doctors like Meredith and Christina or live on Tree Hill like Payton and Brooke, but we’re most definitely a freshman year roommate success story, and for that, I am thankful.
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
Recent MSU News Articles
RECENT MSU CLASSIFIEDS
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of MissouriWashington University in St LouisUniversity of Missouri-St LouisMissouri State UniversityWebster UniversityUniversity of Central MissouriColumbia CollegeUniversity of Missouri - Kansas CityPark UniversitySaint Louis UniversityA.T. Still UniversityTruman State UniversityOzark Christian CollegeCulver-Stockton CollegeAvila UniversityCentral Methodist UniversityCollege of the OzarksDrury UniversityEvangel UniversityFontbonne UniversityGrantham UniversityHannibal-Lagrange CollegeHarris-Stowe State UniversityLincoln University of MissouriLindenwood UniversityLogan UniversityMaryville University of Saint LouisMissouri Baptist UniversityMissouri Southern State UniversityMissouri Valley CollegeMissouri Western State UniversityNorthwest Missouri State UniversityRanken Technical CollegeRockhurst UniversitySoutheast Missouri State UniversitySouthwest Baptist UniversitySt Louis College of PharmacyMissouri University of Science and TechnologyWilliam Jewell CollegeWilliam Woods UniversityUniversity of Central MissouriEden Theological SeminarySt. Louis Community CollegeSt. Charles Community CollegeAquinas Institute of TheologyMetropolitan Community CollegeMissouri TechThe School of Professional Psychology at Forest InstituteStephens CollegeCottey College Crowder College Jefferson College Metropolitan Community College-Maple WoodsMetropolitan Community College-Penn ValleyMissouri State University-West PlainsMoberly Area Community College North Central Missouri College Ozarks Technical Community CollegeState Fair Community College State Technical College of MissouriAmerican Trade SchoolAssemblies of God Theological SeminaryAviation Institute of Maintenance-Kansas CityBaptist Bible CollegeBarnes-Jewish College Goldfarb School of NursingBrown Mackie College-St LouisCalvary Bible College and Theological SeminaryCape Girardeau Career and Technology CenterCarthage R9 School District-Carthage Technical CenterCass Career CenterCentral Christian College of the BibleCentral College of CosmetologyChillicothe Beauty Academy IncCity Pointe Beauty AcademyCity Vision CollegeClinton Technical SchoolColumbia Area Career CenterConception Seminary CollegeConcorde Career College-Kansas CityConcordia SeminaryCosmetology College of Franklin CountyDeVry University-MissourieClips School of Cosmetology and BarberingElaine Steven Beauty CollegeEverest College-Earth CityEverest College-Kansas CityFour Rivers Career CenterGraceland University - IndependenceHickey CollegeHillyard Technical CenterHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-Blue SpringsHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-Kansas CityHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-RaymoreIndependence College of CosmetologyITT Technical Institute-ArnoldITT Technical Institute-Kansas CityKansas City Art InstituteKansas City University of Medicine and BiosciencesKenrick Glennon SeminaryLake Career and Technical CenterLester E Cox Medical Center-School of Medical TechnologyLex La-Ray Technical CenterLutheran School of NursingMerrell University of Beauty Arts and ScienceMetro Business College-RollaMidwestern Baptist Theological SeminaryMissouri College of Cosmetology NorthNational Academy of Beauty Arts-FarmingtonNational Academy of Beauty Arts-St LouisNational American University-IndependenceNational American University-Zona RosaNazarene Theological SeminaryNeosho Beauty CollegeNew Dimensions School of Hair DesignNorthland Career CenterPaul Mitchell the School-Missouri ColumbiaPike-Lincoln Technical CenterPinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas CityPoplar Bluff Technical Career CenterProfessional Massage Training CenterRegency Beauty Institute-IndependenceResearch College of NursingSaint Louis Christian CollegeSaline County Career CenterSanford-Brown College-FentonSeymour Beauty AcademySikeston Career and Technology CenterSkin InstituteSoutheast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health SciencesSt Louis Hair AcademyStevens-The Institute of Business & ArtsTexas County Technical CollegeTransformed Barber and Cosmetology AcademyTrend Setters School of CosmetologyTruman Medical Center School of Nurse AnesthesiaUniversity of Phoenix-MissouriUrshan Graduate School of TheologyVatterott College-St JosephWaynesville Career CenterWellSpring School of Allied Health-Kansas CityWentworth Military Academy and College
- By State
- By City