Cute Graduation Recipes for Your Upcoming Party
Graduation is right around the corner. Planning your party might be the last thing on your mind right now, but figuring out an idea for food is always a good start. Rather than scrolling 50 pages of Pinterest recipes, here are some cute ideas for your party this May.
Food.com has an extremely cute recipe for diploma look-a-likes in Mexican pinwheel form.
•40 fajita sized flour tortillas
•4 (8-ounce) packages of softened cream cheese
•4 (8-ounce) packages of sliced beef, diced
•2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
•3 bunches green onions, chopped small
1. Mix every ingredient but the tortillas together to create your filling, or if there is an alternative mix you would rather use, this is where you would replace it.
2. Place the filling in the tortilla and roll it up in pinwheel form; do not cut the tortilla.
3. Cut 6-8 inch ribbons in your school colors and tie them in the middle of the pinwheel.
This is a great idea for a party that is held mid-afternoon so your guests don’t come on an empty stomach.
If you are feeding guests at a late afternoon party, dips are key for a successful party. Nacho dip would go great with pinwheel diplomas. Here’s what you need to make this dip.
•1 lb lean ground beef
•2 fresh minced garlic cloves (optional) or 2 garlic powder (optional)
•1 large onion
•Chopped salt or seasoning salt
•1 (14-ounce) can refried beans
•2 (4-ounce) cans green chilies, drained and chopped
•3/4 lb Monterey jack cheese (or to taste) or 3/4 lb mild cheddar cheese finely shredded (or to taste)
•3/4 cup taco sauce
•1 large avocados or 1 (6-ounce) package frozen avocado dip
•1 1/4 cups sour cream
•3/4 cup black olives
•Sliced tostadas or tortilla chips
1. To begin, grease a 3-quart dish that can be used in the oven.
2. Brown your beef along with the onion and garlic in a frypan. To follow, drain and season.
3. Spread the refried beans into the bottom of your dish and top with green chilies, cooked beef over beans, and shredded cheese. Top this off with taco sauce and you are ready to refrigerate until the time of your party.
4. When you are ready to bake, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Spread avocado and sour cream on top and garnish with onion and olives. This should be served with chips.
Realistically, any dip will go great with a grad party. The full recipe can be found at food.com. To spice it up a little, you can always add a few personalized mini flags that say “grad!” or “congrats!” in your school colors. You can find these at your party supply store.
If you want to stray away from a Mexican theme, sloppy joe sliders are an easy alternative. Plus, they are extremely easy.
•1 1/2 tablespoons oil
•2 cups chopped onions
•3 lbs lean ground beef
•2 cups barbecue sauce or 2 cups of ketchup
•1 cup French’s classic yellow mustard
•1/2 cup French’s classic Worcestershire sauce
•2 (15 ounce) packages, hamburger slider rolls (about 24 rolls)
1. To begin, heat oil in a pot and sauté onions until they are tender.
2. Add ground beef to the pot and cook until brown.
3. Drain the pot and stir in bbq sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes and spoon onto small rolls.
The full recipe can be found at food.com. These sliders will be a hit with your guests.
Going along with the theme of grad caps, this adorable dessert will be a hit with guests.
•18 1/4 ounces cake mix
•1 1/3 cups water
•1/3 cup vegetable oil
•3 large eggs
•24 chocolate graham cracker squares
•1 licorice twist (Twizzlers Pull-n-Peel)
1. Follow the box directions for the cupcakes and while filling the tins be sure not to over-fill; the tops should be flat when they are done baking.
2. Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees until you can take a toothpick to the center and it comes out clean; let them cool.
3. Take the chocolate spread and spread it on the bottom of the cupcakes, which will now be your tops. Place a graham cracker square on top of the spread.
4. The Twizzlers rope should be cut into three pieces and separated into strings. Take the end of the string and dip into the extra chocolate spread; press into the graham cracker to finish your caps.
This is an easy alternative to a large cake and can be made in multiple batches for large parties. Plus, they are very aesthetically pleasing and will be a great ending for your party’s hors d’oeuvres.
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Food Articles
Recent MSU News Articles
RECENT MSU CLASSIFIEDS
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of MissouriWashington University in St LouisUniversity of Missouri-St LouisMissouri State UniversityWebster UniversityUniversity of Central MissouriColumbia CollegeUniversity of Missouri - Kansas CityPark UniversitySaint Louis UniversityA.T. Still UniversityTruman State UniversityOzark Christian CollegeCulver-Stockton CollegeAvila UniversityCentral Methodist UniversityCollege of the OzarksDrury UniversityEvangel UniversityFontbonne UniversityGrantham UniversityHannibal-Lagrange CollegeHarris-Stowe State UniversityLincoln University of MissouriLindenwood UniversityLogan UniversityMaryville University of Saint LouisMissouri Baptist UniversityMissouri Southern State UniversityMissouri Valley CollegeMissouri Western State UniversityNorthwest Missouri State UniversityRanken Technical CollegeRockhurst UniversitySoutheast Missouri State UniversitySouthwest Baptist UniversitySt Louis College of PharmacyMissouri University of Science and TechnologyWilliam Jewell CollegeWilliam Woods UniversityUniversity of Central MissouriEden Theological SeminarySt. Louis Community CollegeSt. Charles Community CollegeAquinas Institute of TheologyMetropolitan Community CollegeMissouri TechThe School of Professional Psychology at Forest InstituteStephens CollegeCottey College Crowder College Jefferson College Metropolitan Community College-Maple WoodsMetropolitan Community College-Penn ValleyMissouri State University-West PlainsMoberly Area Community College North Central Missouri College Ozarks Technical Community CollegeState Fair Community College State Technical College of MissouriAmerican Trade SchoolAssemblies of God Theological SeminaryAviation Institute of Maintenance-Kansas CityBaptist Bible CollegeBarnes-Jewish College Goldfarb School of NursingBrown Mackie College-St LouisCalvary Bible College and Theological SeminaryCape Girardeau Career and Technology CenterCarthage R9 School District-Carthage Technical CenterCass Career CenterCentral Christian College of the BibleCentral College of CosmetologyChillicothe Beauty Academy IncCity Pointe Beauty AcademyCity Vision CollegeClinton Technical SchoolColumbia Area Career CenterConception Seminary CollegeConcorde Career College-Kansas CityConcordia SeminaryCosmetology College of Franklin CountyDeVry University-MissourieClips School of Cosmetology and BarberingElaine Steven Beauty CollegeEverest College-Earth CityEverest College-Kansas CityFour Rivers Career CenterGraceland University - IndependenceHickey CollegeHillyard Technical CenterHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-Blue SpringsHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-Kansas CityHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-RaymoreIndependence College of CosmetologyITT Technical Institute-ArnoldITT Technical Institute-Kansas CityKansas City Art InstituteKansas City University of Medicine and BiosciencesKenrick Glennon SeminaryLake Career and Technical CenterLester E Cox Medical Center-School of Medical TechnologyLex La-Ray Technical CenterLutheran School of NursingMerrell University of Beauty Arts and ScienceMetro Business College-RollaMidwestern Baptist Theological SeminaryMissouri College of Cosmetology NorthNational Academy of Beauty Arts-FarmingtonNational Academy of Beauty Arts-St LouisNational American University-IndependenceNational American University-Zona RosaNazarene Theological SeminaryNeosho Beauty CollegeNew Dimensions School of Hair DesignNorthland Career CenterPaul Mitchell the School-Missouri ColumbiaPike-Lincoln Technical CenterPinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas CityPoplar Bluff Technical Career CenterProfessional Massage Training CenterRegency Beauty Institute-IndependenceResearch College of NursingSaint Louis Christian CollegeSaline County Career CenterSanford-Brown College-FentonSeymour Beauty AcademySikeston Career and Technology CenterSkin InstituteSoutheast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health SciencesSt Louis Hair AcademyStevens-The Institute of Business & ArtsTexas County Technical CollegeTransformed Barber and Cosmetology AcademyTrend Setters School of CosmetologyTruman Medical Center School of Nurse AnesthesiaUniversity of Phoenix-MissouriUrshan Graduate School of TheologyVatterott College-St JosephWaynesville Career CenterWellSpring School of Allied Health-Kansas CityWentworth Military Academy and College
- By State
- By City