Taco Bell Delivery Available for Missouri State University Thanks to "Taco Bell Savior"
Taco Bell delivery seems more like a fantasy proposed by an intoxicated roommate over spring break than a lucrative business.
Yet dreams do come true in Springfield, as the self-titled Taco Bell Savior finally answers those hunger compelled prayers at 2 am.
A Missouri State University student uses social media as the backbone of her growing business, a delivery service called the Taco Bell Savior. Orders for Taco Bell are placed by tweeting @MSUTacoBell, where they will be delivered on or near campus for a $3 fee only for orders of $5 or more.
The founder of Taco Bell Savior is a freshman that wishes to remain anonymous. When asked what she should be called in this story, she laughed and said, “You can call me the Taco Bell Savior.” She says the idea started out as a joke among her friends.
“I pitched the idea to some friends, but I was kind of joking around,” she said. “They were like, ‘You could make bank off that!’ So, I decided to start it and see just what would happen.”
Within a few days of creating the Twitter handle on Dec. 11, the account had more than 200 followers. However, the Taco Bell Savior said her first delivery was not until the day before winter break to an apartment off Elm Street. After a successful first delivery, the Twitter account started receiving more orders.
Placing an order is as simple as tweeting. Once customers tweet the Taco Bell Savior account, she will direct message them to find out their locations and their orders. Then, if the customers confirm they have change and are within walking distance of the Taco Bell at National Avenue and Cherry Street, the Taco Bell Savior will personally deliver the food, usually on foot.
The Taco Bell Savior admits that most customers are surprised when she shows up.
“People are always shocked when I come and deliver it to them because they don’t think it’s actually real,” she said.
Despite the surprise, customers are pleased with the business. Paul Hampton, a freshman at MSU, has ordered from the Taco Bell Savior and confirms the business is real.
“It’s as easy as tweet the account, wait for a tweet back, and get your Taco Bell,” he said. “It’s legit. Great idea. Easy way to make a little cash.”
The Twitter handle @eSwag_11 was retweeted by the Taco Bell Savior, saying, “#tacobelldelivery is the best invention ever.”
This is not the first business the Taco Bell Savior has started. She said that in middle school, she started a pet-sitting and baby-sitting business with her sister. She said she likes to start her own ventures, proudly saying the Taco Bell Savior Twitter is her first original idea.
Since the beginning of the account on Dec. 11., she had gained more than 300 followers. She has also expanded business, raising the original prices from $2 to $3 per order, with a 50-cent charge for orders $1 more than $5.
The Taco Bell Savior is another example of the growing trend of college-aged entrepreneurs using available resources to start a business. When asked her major, she said it is currently undecided but nodded her head and agreed about majoring in entrepreneurship.
“I might do that,” she laughed. “I’m the next Steve Jobs.”
And perhaps she is. Keeping college student’s stomachs full is also keeping the TB Savior’s wallet stuffed, one taco at a time.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
Recent MSU News Articles
RECENT MSU CLASSIFIEDS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP MSU NEWS
- Torture in CA Jails: New Wins, New Struggles
- Is Having A Pet In College The Right Decision For You?
- Game of Thrones: Bran, Hodor, and the Problem of Power
- Most Common Problems You'll Run Into With Your College Roommate(s)
- The Definition Of "Republican" Is Changing
- 6 Healthy Foods To Help Improve Your Scores On Finals
- Chance the Rapper's New "Independent" Hustle
MOST POPULAR MSU NEWS
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeUniversity of MissouriWashington University in St LouisUniversity of Missouri-St LouisMissouri State UniversityWebster UniversityUniversity of Central MissouriColumbia CollegeUniversity of Missouri - Kansas CityPark UniversitySaint Louis UniversityA.T. Still UniversityTruman State UniversityOzark Christian CollegeCulver-Stockton CollegeAvila UniversityCentral Methodist UniversityCollege of the OzarksDrury UniversityEvangel UniversityFontbonne UniversityGrantham UniversityHannibal-Lagrange CollegeHarris-Stowe State UniversityLincoln University of MissouriLindenwood UniversityLogan UniversityMaryville University of Saint LouisMissouri Baptist UniversityMissouri Southern State UniversityMissouri Valley CollegeMissouri Western State UniversityNorthwest Missouri State UniversityRanken Technical CollegeRockhurst UniversitySoutheast Missouri State UniversitySouthwest Baptist UniversitySt Louis College of PharmacyMissouri University of Science and TechnologyWilliam Jewell CollegeWilliam Woods UniversityUniversity of Central MissouriEden Theological SeminarySt. Louis Community CollegeSt. Charles Community CollegeAquinas Institute of TheologyMetropolitan Community CollegeMissouri TechThe School of Professional Psychology at Forest InstituteStephens CollegeCottey College Crowder College Jefferson College Metropolitan Community College-Maple WoodsMetropolitan Community College-Penn ValleyMissouri State University-West PlainsMoberly Area Community College North Central Missouri College Ozarks Technical Community CollegeState Fair Community College State Technical College of MissouriAmerican Trade SchoolAssemblies of God Theological SeminaryAviation Institute of Maintenance-Kansas CityBaptist Bible CollegeBarnes-Jewish College Goldfarb School of NursingBrown Mackie College-St LouisCalvary Bible College and Theological SeminaryCape Girardeau Career and Technology CenterCarthage R9 School District-Carthage Technical CenterCass Career CenterCentral Christian College of the BibleCentral College of CosmetologyChillicothe Beauty Academy IncCity Pointe Beauty AcademyCity Vision CollegeClinton Technical SchoolColumbia Area Career CenterConception Seminary CollegeConcorde Career College-Kansas CityConcordia SeminaryCosmetology College of Franklin CountyCovenant Theological SeminaryDeVry University-MissourieClips School of Cosmetology and BarberingElaine Steven Beauty CollegeEverest College-Earth CityEverest College-Kansas CityFour Rivers Career CenterGraceland University - IndependenceHickey CollegeHillyard Technical CenterHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-Blue SpringsHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-Kansas CityHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-RaymoreIndependence College of CosmetologyITT Technical Institute-ArnoldITT Technical Institute-Kansas CityKansas City Art InstituteKansas City University of Medicine and BiosciencesKenrick Glennon SeminaryLake Career and Technical CenterLester E Cox Medical Center-School of Medical TechnologyLex La-Ray Technical CenterLutheran School of NursingMerrell University of Beauty Arts and ScienceMetro Business College-RollaMidwestern Baptist Theological SeminaryMissouri College of Cosmetology NorthNational Academy of Beauty Arts-FarmingtonNational Academy of Beauty Arts-St LouisNational American University-IndependenceNational American University-Zona RosaNazarene Theological SeminaryNeosho Beauty CollegeNew Dimensions School of Hair DesignNorthland Career CenterPaul Mitchell the School-Missouri ColumbiaPike-Lincoln Technical CenterPinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas CityPoplar Bluff Technical Career CenterProfessional Massage Training CenterRegency Beauty Institute-IndependenceResearch College of NursingSaint Louis Christian CollegeSaline County Career CenterSanford-Brown College-FentonSeymour Beauty AcademySikeston Career and Technology CenterSkin InstituteSoutheast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health SciencesSt Louis Hair AcademyStevens-The Institute of Business & ArtsTexas County Technical CollegeTransformed Barber and Cosmetology AcademyTrend Setters School of CosmetologyTruman Medical Center School of Nurse AnesthesiaUniversity of Phoenix-MissouriUrshan Graduate School of TheologyVatterott College-St JosephWaynesville Career CenterWellSpring School of Allied Health-Kansas CityWentworth Military Academy and College
- By State
- By City