Taco Bell Delivery Available for Missouri State University Thanks to "Taco Bell Savior"
Taco Bell delivery seems more like a fantasy proposed by an intoxicated roommate over spring break than a lucrative business.
Yet dreams do come true in Springfield, as the self-titled Taco Bell Savior finally answers those hunger compelled prayers at 2 am.
A Missouri State University student uses social media as the backbone of her growing business, a delivery service called the Taco Bell Savior. Orders for Taco Bell are placed by tweeting @MSUTacoBell, where they will be delivered on or near campus for a $3 fee only for orders of $5 or more.
The founder of Taco Bell Savior is a freshman that wishes to remain anonymous. When asked what she should be called in this story, she laughed and said, “You can call me the Taco Bell Savior.” She says the idea started out as a joke among her friends.
“I pitched the idea to some friends, but I was kind of joking around,” she said. “They were like, ‘You could make bank off that!’ So, I decided to start it and see just what would happen.”
Within a few days of creating the Twitter handle on Dec. 11, the account had more than 200 followers. However, the Taco Bell Savior said her first delivery was not until the day before winter break to an apartment off Elm Street. After a successful first delivery, the Twitter account started receiving more orders.
Placing an order is as simple as tweeting. Once customers tweet the Taco Bell Savior account, she will direct message them to find out their locations and their orders. Then, if the customers confirm they have change and are within walking distance of the Taco Bell at National Avenue and Cherry Street, the Taco Bell Savior will personally deliver the food, usually on foot.
The Taco Bell Savior admits that most customers are surprised when she shows up.
“People are always shocked when I come and deliver it to them because they don’t think it’s actually real,” she said.
Despite the surprise, customers are pleased with the business. Paul Hampton, a freshman at MSU, has ordered from the Taco Bell Savior and confirms the business is real.
“It’s as easy as tweet the account, wait for a tweet back, and get your Taco Bell,” he said. “It’s legit. Great idea. Easy way to make a little cash.”
The Twitter handle @eSwag_11 was retweeted by the Taco Bell Savior, saying, “#tacobelldelivery is the best invention ever.”
This is not the first business the Taco Bell Savior has started. She said that in middle school, she started a pet-sitting and baby-sitting business with her sister. She said she likes to start her own ventures, proudly saying the Taco Bell Savior Twitter is her first original idea.
Since the beginning of the account on Dec. 11., she had gained more than 300 followers. She has also expanded business, raising the original prices from $2 to $3 per order, with a 50-cent charge for orders $1 more than $5.
The Taco Bell Savior is another example of the growing trend of college-aged entrepreneurs using available resources to start a business. When asked her major, she said it is currently undecided but nodded her head and agreed about majoring in entrepreneurship.
“I might do that,” she laughed. “I’m the next Steve Jobs.”
And perhaps she is. Keeping college student’s stomachs full is also keeping the TB Savior’s wallet stuffed, one taco at a time.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
Recent MSU News Articles
RECENT MSU CLASSIFIEDS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP MSU NEWS
- FSU Inducted into Division of Blind Services Awards Program
- National Parks: A Celebration of Beauty Pt. 3
- College Clichés: Investigating the Truth Behind These Common Adages
- 5 Easy Ways to Spice Up Your Workout
- President Obama Wants America to Go to Mars by 2030, but Facts Say...
- Junior Year at Its Best
- Not So Early Top 25: College Basketball
MOST POPULAR MSU NEWS
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeA.T. Still UniversityAmerican Trade SchoolAquinas Institute of TheologyAssemblies of God Theological SeminaryAviation Institute of Maintenance-Kansas CityAvila UniversityBaptist Bible CollegeBarnes-Jewish College Goldfarb School of NursingBrown Mackie College-St LouisCalvary Bible College and Theological SeminaryCape Girardeau Career and Technology CenterCarthage R9 School District-Carthage Technical CenterCass Career CenterCentral Christian College of the BibleCentral College of CosmetologyCentral Methodist UniversityChillicothe Beauty Academy IncCity Pointe Beauty AcademyCity Vision CollegeClinton Technical SchoolCollege of the OzarksColumbia Area Career CenterColumbia CollegeConception Seminary CollegeConcorde Career College-Kansas CityConcordia SeminaryCosmetology College of Franklin CountyCottey College Covenant Theological SeminaryCrowder College Culver-Stockton CollegeDeVry University-MissouriDrury UniversityeClips School of Cosmetology and BarberingEden Theological SeminaryElaine Steven Beauty CollegeEvangel UniversityEverest College-Earth CityEverest College-Kansas CityFontbonne UniversityFour Rivers Career CenterGraceland University - IndependenceGrantham UniversityHannibal-Lagrange CollegeHarris-Stowe State UniversityHickey CollegeHillyard Technical CenterHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-Blue SpringsHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-Kansas CityHouse of Heavilin Beauty College-RaymoreIndependence College of CosmetologyITT Technical Institute-ArnoldITT Technical Institute-Kansas CityJefferson College Kansas City Art InstituteKansas City University of Medicine and BiosciencesKenrick Glennon SeminaryLake Career and Technical CenterLester E Cox Medical Center-School of Medical TechnologyLex La-Ray Technical CenterLincoln University of MissouriLindenwood UniversityLogan UniversityLutheran School of NursingMaryville University of Saint LouisMerrell University of Beauty Arts and ScienceMetro Business College-RollaMetropolitan Community CollegeMetropolitan Community College-Maple WoodsMetropolitan Community College-Penn ValleyMidwestern Baptist Theological SeminaryMissouri Baptist UniversityMissouri College of Cosmetology NorthMissouri Southern State UniversityMissouri State UniversityMissouri State University-West PlainsMissouri TechMissouri University of Science and TechnologyMissouri Valley CollegeMissouri Western State UniversityMoberly Area Community College National Academy of Beauty Arts-FarmingtonNational Academy of Beauty Arts-St LouisNational American University-IndependenceNational American University-Zona RosaNazarene Theological SeminaryNeosho Beauty CollegeNew Dimensions School of Hair DesignNorth Central Missouri College Northland Career CenterNorthwest Missouri State UniversityOzark Christian CollegeOzarks Technical Community CollegePark UniversityPaul Mitchell the School-Missouri ColumbiaPike-Lincoln Technical CenterPinnacle Career Institute-South Kansas CityPoplar Bluff Technical Career CenterProfessional Massage Training CenterRanken Technical CollegeRegency Beauty Institute-IndependenceResearch College of NursingRockhurst UniversitySaint Louis Christian CollegeSaint Louis UniversitySaline County Career CenterSanford-Brown College-FentonSeymour Beauty AcademySikeston Career and Technology CenterSkin InstituteSoutheast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health SciencesSoutheast Missouri State UniversitySouthwest Baptist UniversitySt Louis College of PharmacySt Louis Hair AcademySt. Charles Community CollegeSt. Louis Community CollegeState Fair Community College State Technical College of MissouriStephens CollegeStevens-The Institute of Business & ArtsTexas County Technical CollegeThe School of Professional Psychology at Forest InstituteTransformed Barber and Cosmetology AcademyTrend Setters School of CosmetologyTruman Medical Center School of Nurse AnesthesiaTruman State UniversityUniversity of Central MissouriUniversity of Central MissouriUniversity of MissouriUniversity of Missouri - Kansas CityUniversity of Missouri-St LouisUniversity of Phoenix-MissouriUrshan Graduate School of TheologyVatterott College-St JosephWashington University in St LouisWaynesville Career CenterWebster UniversityWellSpring School of Allied Health-Kansas CityWentworth Military Academy and CollegeWilliam Jewell CollegeWilliam Woods University
- By State
- By City